Greetings from Brightspark Education Consultants!!
There is a new Visa Category, Study Direct Stream (SDS) for Indian students willing to apply for Canada Study Permit.
- Students can apply for a visa under SDS for any Designated Learning Institute (DLI), whether it is a college or a university
- Under SDS, IELTS requirement would be 6.0 bands overall with no band less than 6.0
- Tuition fees for complete one year need to be paid before applying for Visa
- Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) account needs to be opened to cover living expenses for one year
- Under SDS, the Visa processing will be fast-tracked
- Students who are NOT eligible under SDS can still apply under General Category